As a result of the release of the new Apple Watch on Friday, many people have been wondering how to use WhatsApp on the newest model. Though you won’t find it in the app store, there are plenty of ways to access this popular mobile messaging application on your wrist.
To start off, WhatsApp is not an iOS app. What’s more is that it requires an Android device running 4.3 or higher in order to be compatible with your Apple Watch. If you’re interested in using WhatsApp on your wrist, you’ll need to have an Android smartphone paired with your Apple Watch.
How to use WhatsApp on your apple watch
In order to use the WhatsApp application, you’ll need to install the app on your Android device and then follow these steps:
- Open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone and choose Contacts.
- Select Groups and Create New Group. Name it whatever you wish, but remember this will be used for sharing messages with friends or family members only for now. You can change this later if you wish.
- Click the Add button in the bottom middle of the screen and select WhatsApp from your contacts. Enter your phone number (the one you used to set up WhatsApp) and enter a name for the contact. You can change this later, but remember it will be used for sharing messages with friends or family members only until you change it again.
- Once your WhatsApp contact has been added, choose the group you created and select the pencil icon in the top right corner of the screen. Scroll down to “Add Member” and choose your WhatsApp contact.
- Now that you have your WhatsApp contact added to your Apple Watch, you’re ready to start sending messages from your wrist! Tap on the contact to choose a default chat or create a new one.
Tap the smiley face icon to open a list of icons you can use to decorate your messages. Feel free to send a voice message, video message or emoji, depending on what your recipient is most likely to understand.
How to get Whatsapp on my apple watch series 6
If you have a favorite emoji, tap on the three dots next to it and choose Copy. This saves it in your favorites so that you can easily paste it in future messages.
Stage 1: Enable Notifications on your iPhone for WhatsApp:
As an iPhone user, you can enable notifications for WhatsApp from your iPhone by following these steps.
- Open the Apple Watch App on your iPhone
- Tap Notifications
- Toggle ON WhatsApp Notifications (to do so, you will have to tap the turn OFF to turn ON button)
- You may also preview and choose which type of messages you want to receive notifications for (Message, Call or Both). Select what suits you most.
Stage 2: Pair your iPhone with Android Phone/Tablet:
Before you enable notifications for WhatsApp on Apple Watch, you have to pair your iPhone with an Android Phone, so that the same iPhone number will be used when setting up a WhatsApp contact on Apple Watch.
- Turn ON Bluetooth on your Android Phone/Tablet and make sure it’s discoverable (ON)
- Open the Settings App on your iPhone and select “Bluetooth” option. Make sure Bluetooth is also turned ON.
- Open WhatsApp app on Android, tap Menu > Add contacts > Add a new contact
- Enter the same phone number used for other Apple devices (i.e. iPhone)
- Select the option “Use WhatsApp on iPhone” from the iOS device section and tap Get Started
- Tap Accept & Download to accept WhatsApps Terms and Conditions on your Android phone if you wish to continue with the above steps.
Now, you’ll be able to send messages from your Apple Watch similar to how you would send a message from your iPhone or iPad. In case you don’t have an Android device or want to use WhatsApp on Apple Watch, you can read this article on how to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch here.
How to install W-Chat on your Apple Watch:
This is a great app for those who want to use WhatsApp on their Apple Watch. It’s not actually WhatsApp but it’s a third-party application that lets you send messages using your WhatsApp account. You can download this application from the App Store for $4.99
To install W-Chat on your Apple Watch, you will have to:
1) Download W-Chat from the App Store and open it on your iPhone.
1) Enter your phone number when the option pops up.
2) Enter your name and choose a password.
3) Choose whether you want to share media or not.
4) Type: wchat0/wchat1 depending on the color you want your messages to appear. If you choose 0 or 1, they will appear in that color respectively, if you choose any other code, it will appear in the default color (blue). Just keep in mind that once this option is selected, it cannot be changed.
This article shows you how to use WhatsApp on your Apple Watch by using an Android phone as your iPhone paired with it.
But, it is important to note that this method is not an official one from WhatsApp and the application might have some bugs due to the fact that it’s still under development. That being said, this is a reliable method – and you’ll be able to send and receive messages like a breeze.